Off Road Vehicles

Recreational Vehicles

Off Road Vehicles

When the pavement ends, get coverage that rolls on.

Exploring BC’s backcountry with an off-road vehicle or ATV can be exhilarating. The right insurance coverage can help add peace-of-mind to the good times.

ICBC has specific rules in how off road vehicles (ORV) are to be used and insured. You should talk to an Allwest expert for all the details, but here are some basics:

  • To use the ORV on forest roads, highways, and forest service roads, you must have a valid drivers license.
  • To use the ORV on or across highways, you will require basic ICBC coverage.
  • To use the ORV on forest roads you will need a minimum 200K liability policy.
  • For use on all other crown lands- insurance is voluntary, but always recommended (Most banks and financial institutions require insurance if there is a loan on the vehicle)

ICBC Off Road Vehicle Information

Types of ATVs that we can insure include:

  • Golf carts
  • Snow vehicles
  • Snowmobiles
  • All-terrain vehicles (ATV)
  • Trucksters
  • Restricted use motorcycles (RUMs)

Private / ICBC coverage can include:

  • Physical Damage and/Liability
  • All Risks or Specified Perils Coverage
  • Agreed Value
  • Lock Rekeying
  • Reward Coverage

Note that minimum age is 21 for Private Insurance, for private pleasure use only.